Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Getting ready for Abbi D


 Well, it happened.  I married John Paul.  !!!  
The day went without a glitch, and I couldn't stop smiling.  But I'll get there. 

On Friday, Haley, my mom and I went to a little nail salon in Saint Augustine (Small Indulgences) to get our nails done- an ideal time for a little girl chit-chat over mimosas.  
Oh my, the nail polish colors were difficult!  You know what wasn't?  Swilling down the raspberry champagne with orange juice.  Seriously, try it; honestly, the most delicious combination at 9:30 in the morning.  
 The girls who helped us were amazing: super fun to talk about Hunger Games with, and fabulous nail ideas.  Haley got glitter dust sprinkled on her toes!
Cheers, Mom!
 Haley and I got Gel-ish, a process that basically uses a super-thick polish and UV light to harden your natural nails, making your manicure last for up to 3 weeks (I'm going on 11 days!).  She got charcoal gray with a silvery sparkle accent nail and...
...I got a pale pink French mani with lots of gold glitter.  You know I love my accent nails!  
After that, it was off to the rehearsal lunch!  At least I wore white on the day before the wedding...

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely way to start off our "wedding weekend" - I am happy you asked me along! And thanks Matt for driving us!

    ReplyDelete