Friday, April 6, 2012

Officially Becoming Abbi D!

JP and I got married in the St. Augustine Basilica, right next to the bay.  It's a beautiful space, full of color and light.  We both had our moms and dads walk us down the aisle, which felt appropriate and so personal.  

 How cute are my parents?  I'm lucky enough to have four, but the two main ones are pretty amazing.
Haley and Nacho were calm, cool, and collected throughout the whole day.  They also looked great at the altar with us!
The hand-off.  This was the first time I saw my dad wearing a suit, and he totally pulled it off!
Ana did our first reading, and also wore the cutest polka-dot dress!
Summer did our third reading, and was rocking a Spanish look with red and super tall heels.
 Msgr. Maron told me to project during our vows.  We went traditional, but it still felt incredibly intimate and powerful reciting those words in front of our closest friends and families.
 We had a great time on the altar; lots of smiles and a few giggles.
 That was it!  We were pronounced husband and wife, sealed with a kiss.

I love this photo of our moms, off to enjoy the dancing and good times at the reception!

Haley requested the photo of JP holding me like that, and it really turned out beautifully.  The image above is taken where I first kissed John Paul, starting off this whole 6-year plus journey.  
The Diegos and our best friends!  
I do love this  moment between Haley and I; she looks so patient with me as I wear goofy heart-shaped sunglasses on the streets of Saint Augustine.  
My favorite individual images of us from the wedding: John Paul looking so dashing in his suit, and me showing off my bouquet and dress.

P.S. These are our professional photos by the talented, wonderfully patient and kind Ben Sasso.  He was the only photographer we looked at, and he couldn't have done a better job!

3 comments:

  1. Love this whole post! I would also like to point out that I suggested the "pinky-promise" picture, which you made fun of at the time. (love, haley)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When do we get to check out the professional pics? I love the pinky swear picture. :) --Ana D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love the pinky promise picture AND the cute parents AND the one of the kissing bride and groom AND ...... well, I love them all! When do we get to see the professional pics? Love, G'ma

    ReplyDelete