Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Beach Hair in a Bottle

My hair is the worst.

Ok, maybe not the ultimate worst, but it is really soft and pretty straight, and that's pretty frustrating when I'm trying to get it to do anything remotely interesting.  I've tried using mousses (meece?), gels, volume serums...everything.  But usually these turn my hair crispy or heavy or just blah.  THEN!  I visited Abbi, and she had this fancy salt spray hair stuff, and my world was changed.  Of course, I couldn't find it anywhere when I got home, and ended up having to make it myself.  Don't worry, it's super-easy.

All you'll need is some lightweight hair gel, epsom salts, coconut oil, and a spray bottle.  You can tweak this recipe a little as you go, but these are the measurements that I use: 1 tbsp. epsom salts, 1/2 tbsp. gel, 1/2 tsp. coconut oil, and enough hot hot hot water to fill the spray bottle.  Note that my spray bottle is pretty small, so if you're using a larger bottle, adjust the measurements accordingly.  

Get all of that in the bottle, fill it with the hot hot hot water, and shake it up!  I usually spritz this on if I've washed my hair and let it air dry, so that it has some texture and pizzazz.  

This is my hair!  Look at all that volume at the roots!  That never happens to me!!  This stuff is magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment