Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dijon Pork Chops

Guys, have you noticed my deep and abiding love for pan sauces yet?  I hope I'm not getting boring with all of these "Sauteed (Something) and Pan Sauce" recipes.  If I am, shout and I will broaden my horizons--Matt would probably thank you.

Start out by melting about 2 tablespoons of butter in your pan.

Salt and pepper the pork chops.  Sear the pork chops for about 4 minutes on each side, then remove them from the pan.

Add minced garlic and scallions to the pan, and allow to cook for about 30 seconds.  In a small bowl, whisk together about 1/4 c. dijon mustard, 1/2 c. chicken broth, and a couple shakes of red wine vinegar.  Add this to the pan, and allow to simmer until reduced slightly.  

Add the pork chops back to the pan, cover, and cook for about 10 minutes.

Sorry, not the best picture, BUT!  This was delicious with wild rice and mixed veggies.  


1 comment: