Monday, January 23, 2012

2011 in brief

I saw this survey on another blog, and thought I'd fill it out to close up 2011.  It's a little late, but still interesting!  Feel free to respond with your own answers in the comments or your own blog.

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
run 10 miles in a row

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept a few of them: hike up a mountain with Summer (Sugarloaf), take a dance class, collect white porcelain animals, see Kanye West live. 
Yes, I've got my to-do list for the year. 
3. What countries did you visit?

none, unfortunately.  But that should change this year!

4. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
more patience with myself, more opportunities to travel
5. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
1-1-11, when JP and I got to tell our families that we're getting married!
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
getting most of the logistics of the wedding sorted out, although I'm really impressed with all the family time I got in considering that my immediate family members each live at least 10 hours from each other.

7. What was your biggest failure?
making time for my friends who don't live in DC.  I'll do better in 2012!

8. What are you really excited about?
wedding, honeymoon, being able to think of something other than those two things!
9. What song will always remind you of 2011?
The entire Watch the Throne album.  One song in particular, whose title is too inappropriate to list but I couldn't stop listening to!  (Katrina, you know what song I mean.)
10. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier? probably equally happy
Thinner or fatter? thinner

11. What do you wish you’d done more of?
visited friends

12. What do you wish you’d done less of?
worry

13. What was your favorite TV program?
Happy Endings.  So funny.

14. What was the best book you read?
The Kind Diet

15. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ellie Goulding

16. What did you want and get?
I wanted to be a more serious runner, and I've definitely become better at working it into my daily routine.
17. What was your favorite film of this year?
I saw a lot of great films, but Our Idiot Brother is the first one to pop to mind.  I saw it in an awful mood, but walked out feeling great and like good things would happen if I was a kinder person and gave people the benefit of the doubt.

18. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
25- I had to work the first day of Orientation at CUA, and then I had drinks and dessert at Blue Duck Tavern with JP and some friends.
19. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less expectations of myself!  I need to stop comparing myself to everyone.

20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
A work in progress.
21. What kept you sane?
hot tea breaks

22. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I love Michelle Obama's style.  I even follow a fashion blog dedicated to her.

23. What did you miss the most in 2011?
living close to my wonderful sister, Haley

24. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
accept help from people.  They don't offer if they're not willing.
25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Always remember there was nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our name" The Avett Brother, Murder in the City

No comments:

Post a Comment