Monday, January 16, 2012

Amaretto Sour with Prosecco

We had some friends over a couple weekends ago, and, in a spurt of hostess mode, I decided that our gathering would need a signature cocktail.  The only problem is that I don't know much about mixology, and our bar isn't totally stocked with tons of liquors, liqueurs, mixers, and I don't have a muddler.  What I did have was sparkling wine, Amaretto, and limes.  I picked up my copy of Giada deLaurentis' Giada's Kitchen, and spotted this drink.
Let me start with the citrus-sugared rim, which is perfectly tart and sweet.  The drink itself is warm (amaretto), effervescent (prosecco), and smooth (simple syrup).  I happened to have some orange-spiked simple syrup (left over from the Orangettes), which I used for a more Florida feel.  Regular simple syrup will be equally delicious, I'm sure!
If you're looking for a signature cocktail after a long week at work, I definitely suggest you check this out.  You can make the syrup beforehand, and then just add the liqueur and Prosecco before serving- doesn't get much easier than that!





1 comment: