Tuesday, February 1, 2011

30 for 30

 Do you read Kendi Everyday?  She's a personal style blogger, and came up with the idea for the "30 for 30 Challenge."  The point is to remix the items in your own closet both to keep your personal style evolving, and help realize the potential within what you already have.  Pick 30 items to wear for 30 days.  Don't shop until the 30 days are over.
I am customizing it a bit, though, and not including my bum clothes, which are a) work out gear and b) dog walking clothes.  I really don't look good when walking Mia (the dog park isn't really workwear-friendly), so I'll stick to my tried and true old jeans and ratty sneakers for that one. 
This is great incentive for the time after the holidays.  I'm in material overload, and also trying to save money for the upcoming nuptials.  While I love my clothes and putting together cute outfits, I also love my wallet.
So today marks the first day for my 30 for 30 remix!  I've chosen 7 shirts, 3 skirts, 4 pants, 6 sweaters/cardigans, 3 dresses, and 7 pairs of shoes.  This should be fun!
It will change the format of the blog a bit, though.  I'm going to do three outfit posts a week (MWF) and recipes twice a week (T/Th).  This means no reviews for a while, but I'm superbehind on my reading, anyway.
Here are the pieces laid out. 
Pants, skirts and tops.
Sweaters and dresses.
I'll post the first outfit tomorrow.  Feel free to join in if you're wardrobe fatigued!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I'll be looking forward to seeing you on Monday, Wednesday and Friday now more than ever!

    ReplyDelete