Friday, February 4, 2011

Outfits 2 and 3

Outfit 2!
Dress: F21
Cardigan: Gap
Boots: Anthro
Socks: Madewell
Oh, I loooove this outfit!  This dress is great because it doubles as a tunic, so it works with leggings in the winter.  Luckily, the weather got up to the 50s (!!) on Wednesday, so I got to just wear the knee-high socks.  Seriously, they're amazing.  Wool, so they're warm, but thin enough that my foot don't get uncomfortably hot.  I just felt really cute and leggy in this get up.
But, honestly, am I as cute as Mia?

Outfit 3!
Button-down and pants: Gap
Belt: H&M
Shoes: Aldo
I know, I know, a reinterpretation of this outfit has been on the blog already.  Seriously, though, this combination is a work repeat because it works!  The shirt is loose and drapes perfectly, while the pants are dressy enough to wear to cocktails after.  John Paul and I met up with some friends to toast the engagement; um, this whole diamond ring thing involved a lot of champagne.  Had I been aware of this sooner, maybe I would have wanted it earlier!
Can we please talk about the cuteness of this owl?  I love everything: the hinges, the colors, the big ol' owl eyes.  It adds the perfect amount of color to this otherwise pretty bland palette.  Plus, I always get compliments when I wear it to work.  The woman in Global Studies insists that I'm "killing it," which I hope means I'm not murdering fowl.  Owls are good in my book.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you to go out in bare legs! And your owl is adorable - I believe your sister has one just like it : ) Are owls your new "thang"?

    ReplyDelete