Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Outfits 7 and 8!

Outfit 7
Blouse: Target
Skirt: J.Crew
Sweater: Gap
Shoes: Nicole via Piperlime
Necklace: Gift from Daddy Man years ago!
Oh my goodness, I looooove this blouse!  I'm usually not huge on ruffles, but these aren't too crazy, and the same fabric as the rest of the top.  It's sleeveless, making it the perfect layer for my office, which has been warm as of late.  The weather was beautiful on Monday, so I got to show off my legs.  Woohoo!
P.S. I love that the nude color of this skirt makes my legs look longer.  How do we feel about nude?

Outfit 8
Top: H&M
Pants and scarf: Gap
Shoes: Nine West
Belt: Banana Republic
Thank goodness I picked these pants for the remix challenge; they're really the only work appropriate slacks I own!  They're really comfy and perfectly hemmed for me.  And, ahem, they make my heiny look good.  That's what I really look for in my bottoms.
This is the top's first time on the blog, but I actually wear it a lot.  It has a great vintage feel to it, but can be dressed up just by tucking it into whatever bottom is paired with it.  As for the scarf, the colors go well with the top, even if the patterns don't work.  Hey, it's all about the first thing you grab while running out the door!

3 comments:

  1. I feel okay about nude - on other people. If I don't choose just the right shade it bombs on me and makes me look VERY washed out! You carry it off well though and you look adorable. Lucky you being able to show off your legs - mine haven't seen the light of day since November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the nude skirt--it's definitely a long line! And I love the pattern mixing with the embroidery and checks, even if it wasn't intentional--it's a very rustic urban mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having difficulties deciding what to wear when Rob & I come to visit you and JP. I have stiff competition and I do want to look cute (alright - a little matronly but still cute)! Rob & I are off to run errands and to have our weekly Friday lunch date!
    aunt nesi

    ReplyDelete